BRIERLEY, Ben. Tales and Sketches of Lancashire Life. 9 volumes each individually titled:
- Out Of Work. Our Old Nook. – Frontispiece (no half title), 306pp. Manchester/London, 1885.
- Marlocks of Merriton. Red Windows Hall. – Frontispiece (no half title), 293pp. Manchester/London, 1884.
- Irkdale. – Frontispiece, 326pp. Manchester/London, 1885.
- Treadlepin Fold. The New Borough. A Fight For Love. Frontispiece, (no half title). 268pp. Manchester/London, 1884.
- The Chronicles of Waverlow. Frontispiece, (no half title). 280pp. Manchester/London, 1884.
- Cast Upon The World. Frontispiece. 324pp. Manchester/London 1886.
- Cotters of Mossburn. Frontispiece (no half title). 283pp. Manchester/London, 1886.
- Ab-o’th’-yate in Yankeeland. The Results of Two Trips to America. Frontispiece (portrait of Brierley). VIII, 324pp. Manchester/London, 1885.
- Popular Edition of Tales and Sketches of Lancashire Life. Daisy Nook Sketches. 164pp. (No frontispiece). Manchester/London: 1881. [With]: Daisy Nook Sketches Part 2. (No half title). 127pp. Manchester/London: 1882.
9 volumes. 8vo. The numbers given above are not volume numbers. All volumes are unnumbered. General condition notes: foxing and spotting, browning, text block splitting in places, some closed tearing. Binding generally tight. Some volumes do not contain tissue guards, tissue guards that are present: some are detached. Manchester: Abel Heywood & Son, London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1881-1886]. Publisher’s red cloth (some minor wear, please see photographs). Please see photos for condition.
Please note that as this is a heavy item postage outside of the UK will be held for invoicing and is likely to be substantial.